Safety Related Links
(Copy web addresses above to your browser & hit "Enter")
Before you hit the road give your bike the once-over.
* Test the lights, brakes, and turn signals.
* Check the oil and fuel levels.
* Make sure the mirrors are positioned correctly.
* Check the cables to make sure they aren't worn or frayed.
* Lube the chain and adjust it according to the manufacturer's specs.
* Try a rider-training course to brush up on your skills.
When You're Out on the Road
Let's be honest: There's a lot of stuff out there that's bigger than your bike. But there's a lot you can do to help keep yourself safe while riding.
* Always wear a helmet that fits right. Pick one that has the DOT label, which shows that it
meets federal safety standards.
* Know your bike's limits.
* Stick to the speed limit.
* Don't tailgate other vehicles.
* Use your signals.
* Be respectful of other drivers. Don't weave through traffic or drive on the shoulder.
* Make sure other drivers can see you. Don't ride in blind spots and always use your
* Brake smart. Use both brakes at the same time, slow and steady.
Check your Bike before every ride
Pre-trip Inspections are extremely IMPORTANT